West Coast Energy (WCE) sits atop a vertically integrated group of companies, all focused on reversing America’s dependence on fossil fuels. Together, our companies produce and deliver renewable energy, providing a better quality of life for our communities, our children, and our grandchildren.
WCE is a socially responsible company, promoting and facilitating ethical and socially conscious themes, specifically environmental sustainability and job creation within Rural and Disadvantaged Communities.
Our current business model
Our current business model is sales and distribution of renewable transportation fuels throughout California.
The state of California has mandated all over-the-road diesel fuel be a blend of biodiesel, produced from renewable sources. The ratio is currently 20% biodiesel / 80% fossil fuel (diesel). By state law, this ratio increases through 2030, and is scheduled to be 100% biodiesel by 2030, as shown in this chart.
Our expansion plan
We are expanding the business model with the production of renewable energy from landfill waste and agricultural waste (Ag Plastics and crop residue).
- Converting landfill waste into Syngas (synthetic gas) and upgraded into renewable fuels, renewable electricity, renewable hydrogen, and renewable natural gas.
- Converting agricultural waste (Ag Plastics and crop residue) into Syngas (synthetic gas) and upgraded into renewable fuels, renewable electricity, renewable hydrogen, and renewable natural gas.
Additional processing provides Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) and Methanol. RNG is a zero-emissions solution certified by the EPA and the California Air Resources Board. Renewable Natural Gas replaces the use of fossil-based Natural Gas.
Most biomass currently being used in the production of renewables is from food grade vegetable oils, predominantly soybean oil. More than 80 percent of all biodiesel is made from vegetable oil, which is a crucial part of the world-wide food chain. Using food to produce fuel is short-sighted and contrary to creating a Circular Economy.
West Coast Energy is committed to leadership in Waste-to-Renewables production and expanding the Circular Economy. The transformation is to repurpose waste to renewables, resulting in significant contributions to the Circular Economy and a Green Planet.
To avoid competing with food supplies, WCE will make use of biomass composed of post-consumer waste, end-of-life plastic waste, landfill waste, agricultural crop residue, municipal solid waste, and even scrap electronics as sources of our industrial scale processes to produce renewable hydrogen, renewable natural gas, renewable fuels, and renewable electricity.
Our Vision, Mission, and Culture addresses four issues:
- State & federal mandates for the replacement of fossil fuels with renewable fuels.
- Abundance of waste, notably plastics, with landfills nearing capacity.
- Meeting the increasing demand and mandates of renewable fuels required by aviation, marine, rail, agriculture, and the medium/heavy-duty on-road transportation industries.
- The rapidly increasing demand for Syngas, renewable natural gas, methanol, hydrogen, and renewable gas-to-liquids is due to government, public, and corporate pressure in favor of all renewable forms of energy.
West Coast Energy has researched dozens of new technologies to reduce the CAPEX of renewables production. The equipment partners we have chosen have facilities up and running, providing real solutions that are scalable, standardized, and thoroughly documented.
From our research, the leading technology for processing waste to renewables is a combination Gasification and Plasma Refining System, with further processing via Fischer Tropsch reactor. End products include:
- Renewable Fuels
- Renewable Natural Gas
- Renewable Methane
- Renewable Hydrogen
- Renewable Electricity
Facilitating the Circular Economy
- The plant is a Gasification & Plasma Refining System, taking any solid energetic waste as delivered.
- The plant converts any solid energetic material into syngas, upgraded to produce 100% renewable fuels, clean green hydrogen, organic chemical products and renewable electricity.
- The plant has a capacity to process 200 tons per day from shop assembled modules, best-in-class gasification, syngas refining, cleaning, and vitrification of inert material.
NOTE: Adding modules is the path to increase capacity.
The Gasification and Plasma Refining Technology selected for production of renewables is capable of processing 70, 000 tons of post-consumer and end-of-life waste per year, 200 tons per day.
The plant processes a wide variety of feedstock with minimal preparation, including post-consumer waste, multi polymer plastic waste (all 7 categories of consumer plastics) and agricultural crop residue:
WCE is ready to implement our research findings to meet the challenges of this growing market. Globally, the waste-to-renewables market reached $35.1 billion in 2019.
By 2027, this market is expected to be valued at $50.1 billion.
West Coast Energy Group Divisions:
Renewable energy leadership through producing and delivering renewable fuel solutions for a sustainable world.
To facilitate the production and use of biotech-based energy. Committed to Clean Energy, Clean Water, and Clean Air.
Our team are the ambassadors of our brand, and the trust we all build with our stakeholders is the foundation of our success.
West Coast Energy is currently researching the solar to storage to grid, and solar to EV charging station sectors. We are in discussions with equipment providers to develop battery storage applications and commercial EV and Hydrogen charging stations for the long-haul transportation sector throughout California, Oregon, and Washington. We will operate under the corporate names and internet domains of CalVolt.com and CommunityEV.com.
As we describe ourselves, West Coast Energy, Inc. is a clean energy research and technology company. As we expand our interests, we invite our investment partners, communities, and other stakeholders to join us.
Pollution and excessive waste have quickly become an existential threat to the health of people, the planet, and business. Together, we will make a difference. The team at West Coast Energy and American Renewable Fuel, looks forward to providing additional information
We welcome Public/Private Partnerships and Joint Venture opportunities. Clean energy results in clean air. It’s a big opportunity. Join us. We look forward to discussing our projects and product lines in detail.